1956: Decision was made to expand Hurlbut Papers by building another mill about 1 mile down the road – Laurel Mill.
1958: Hurlbut Paper became part of the Mead Corporation.
1964: The Mead Corporation purchased the Morart-Gravure printing plant located in Holyoke, MA. By 1967, the plant was relocated to South Lee, next to the Laurel Mill. The printing plant and two mills turned all of their attention to producing paper used for decorative countertops and furniture.